Friday, May 9, 2008

Non-Mom

What's a non-mom? According to the Today show, it's a mother who adopted her child(ren). That's right, according to the Today Show, I'm a "non-Mom" to be. I DON'T THINK SO!!! This makes me angrier than someone telling me, "I wish you could have had your own children". I won't climb onto my soapbox because I'll be here all afternoon, but if you'd like to look at this ridiculous contest for yourself, click here: http://www.americasfavoritemom.com:80/mothers-day-2008/static/semiFinalists. If you'd like to write and complain to these idiots, like I'm about to, you can e-mail them at these addresses:
support@americasfavoritemom.com
today@msnbc.com
kesti@marieosmond.com

Thanks for letting me vent,
Tonya, aka MOM -to-be

3 comments:

jennifer.almer said...

My name is Jennifer, and I work with Edelman (www.edelman.com) on behalf of Teleflora’s “America’s Favorite Mom” program. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this issue.

After closer examination, Teleflora recognized how this may have been offensive to moms who have adopted children… moms who are indeed real moms in every sense of the word. This show of insensitivity was in no way intended and Teleflora offers its deepest apology. It was always Teleflora’s intent to salute and celebrate all moms.

Please know that in response the concerns expressed, Teleflora immediately changed the name of the “Non-Mom” category to “Adopting Moms,” which has already been posted on the “semi-finalist” page at www.AmericasFavoriteMom.com.

I thought you might want to know. On behalf of Teleflora, I hope you have a very happy Mother’s Day.

mirandajones803 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mirandajones803 said...

oops...posted before I finished writing the other post..

That is disgusting and insulting! People should THINK every once in a while.

I hope you don't mind...I am linking you to my Blog!

Love ya!
Miranda