Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's Official





It's official! Chen Zi Yu is our daughter. :) We went back to the Civil Affairs office today and completed all the paperwork. Brian and I were interviewed by two government officials and we had to promise to never abandon our baby girl. We signed our paperwork and Bella put her foot print on it.

Today has been a rougher day for Bella. She has been grieiving today and has pretty much slept the entire day. We've been told this is normal behavior for a baby who has been through what she has in the last two days. She's even sleeping through her meal times, so we're having to wake her up to feed her.

One family took pictures for everyone during the adoption interviews and signing of the paperwork, so I don't have any pics to post yet, but here's a few from last night.

3 comments:

Kathy B. said...

Yea, yea, yeah! I'm so happy for your guys. Congratulations!! I can't wait to meet Ms. Bella when y'all get home and settled.

Unknown said...

Shannon and I are so happy for you three!! Surely after all the travel is over she'll get settled quickly into her great new home with two loving parents!

Anonymous said...

She's so precious...and sucks her thumb...oh my heart! Congratulations to you both! I am so happy to see this sweet baby girl has her forever family now. Love the pictures and the updates. Thank you for taking time to do this!