Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm Homesick

I woke up this morning (actually, I've been awake all night long thanks to a nasty cold) and it hit me...I miss China so much. I don't know if it's because I wasn't sick in China. I don't know if it's because we all knew night vs. day in China. I don't know if it's because I have a dirty house and a stack of laundry to do. I don't know if it's because Brian has to start paying attention to work today. But I do know that I want nothing more than to put my daughter in her sling, walk around gorgeous Shaiman Island and meet friends at Starbucks and then dinner. As much as I'm happy to be home and I'm happy for our friends and family to meet Bella, I really miss China.

I can't believe we've been to China and back. Almost four years of our lives were spent talking about going to China; we've now been and it was over way too soon. It was an amazing trip than can never, ever be replicated. No one prepared me for the love and respect I'd gain for Bella's birth country.
Speaking of China, enjoy a picture of the most precious little girl to ever come out of China enjoying her dinner in her new home in Louisiana.

3 comments:

mirandajones803 said...

Aw! I can't imagine what that must be like...China is such a huge part of who she is.

Ya'll will have to plan many trips over the years, as she grows older, to China. That would be amazing for her to see that part of her life again as a teenager!

mirandajones803 said...

Aw! I can't imagine what that must be like...China is such a huge part of who she is.

Ya'll will have to plan many trips over the years, as she grows older, to China. That would be amazing for her to see that part of her life again as a teenager!

Tammy said...

Tonya, She is absolutely beautiful!! And you look great as MOMMY!! Can't wait to see her...I'll have to call