Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Red Couch and Waterfall Pictures


I now have the Red Couch and Group photos saved on my computer. The day we took these in China, our camera froze. I think I said this earlier, but the Red Couch photo is a tradition among adoption groups. The red couch is in the lobby of the White Swan Hotel. This used to be the only hotel adoption groups stayed at in Guangzhou. However, our group stayed at the Victory Hotel, which is now common. We all trekked over to the White Swan for these pictures.
We have these photos (or ones very similar) in 8 x 10, and I cannot tell you how many times I've looked at the Red Couch photo and started laughing. The looks on the girl's faces are priceless and it was quite a sight to see 14 parents jumping up and down and making faces to try to get their daughter to look at the camera. As you can tell it didn't work with Bella. Merrin was much more entertaining to look at.
I also love the photo of our travel group together at the waterfall. This was the perfect group of people to travel with. As some of you know, we became friends with Chris and Stephanie almost four years ago and were able to share the past almost four years with them. However, we were also sharing this journey with five other couples we had not met yet. It was amazing what a perfect fit we all were. Our guides, XiXi and Bob, (who we LOVED) told us we were all unique because we wanted to spend time together and have dinner together every night. I hope we'll all be able to keep in touch as our "Chenzhou Sisters" become young ladies.

No comments: