Monday, August 3, 2009

We're Home





We received the most amazing welcome home Friday night. (Pics will be posted soon.) It was amazing to see so many people waiting to welcome our little miracle home. She handled the plane rides like a champ. I've decided my 17 lb. daughter, who is almost 11 months old, is the bravest person I know.
It's surreal to think just a few days ago we were in China. I keep thinking of Bella's "Chenzhou Sisters" and hope they're all adjusting to their new lives well. No one told me how attached I'd become to the families we traveled with.
Today is our first day where it's not so rosy. Bella realized her nights and days are backwards and she has developed a little cold. To top it off, Mommy isn't feeling too good herself today. I'm sustaining myself on saltines and Sprite and Daddy is in charge of the house. He has two grumpy ladies to deal with.
Enjoy the pics of bathtime last night. Bella loves her baths and we love to see her happy and playing.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I'm right there with you - you are not alone! Today, Kelly decided she wasn't going to be the good sleeper she was in China. Didn't go down for any nap and it took Tim and I two hours to get her to bed. We thought she'd fall right asleep after the car ride to the store. She screamed (yes, civil affair type scream) because she was in a car seat.

Also, she and I have a nasty head cold. Tim is coming down with it too. Molly is the only one okay....so far.

And jet lag is creeping in. Wasn't so bad the first day back but it is now.

I'm enjoying Bella pictures! I have to get it together to do a blog post too.